1. Building of the National Museum of African American History & Culture: September 25 during 1PM – 2PM EDT SR Smoot Construction (NBCC member) will present a webinar insight to the building of this fabulous structure now open on the Washington Mall https://nmaahc.si.edu/ . This will also work as an opportunity for contractors to learn how to do business with Smoot, one of the premier construction companies in America who happens to be Black and family owned.
Join the meeting, by clicking on this link: https://go.teamviewer.com/v12/m2467174
Meeting ID: m24-674-174
For meeting audio:
- Dial 1-877-411-9748
- Enter the passcode when prompted: 5044678#
2. New Dept. of Energy Coal Report: Here is a new report on the future and usefulness of coal within the American economy. The future looks very bright!
3. The SBA is Hiring for Hurricane Response Jobs! Highly important! Here are the details.
4. New Report from the MBDA on the Global Marketplace – Sept. 2017: Good stuff!
5. Reliability Electricity and Energy Independence: Exporting game changing U.S. developed solar energy storage technology to West Africa.
6. Let’s cut Deals in Cuba: We will be traveling to the FIHAV Trade Show again this year. October 30 - November 3, 2017. FIHAV is the largest annual multi-sector trade fair in the Caribbean and last year it brought over 1000 companies from 70 countries. Since our last trip we have made inroads in connecting with the Cuban Ambassador based in Washington, DC and others from the Cuban Ministry of Trade. Opportunities in the Caribbean, Latin America and Africa will be discussed. The first 20 CEO's to register will join us for high level meetings with the Cuban Chamber of Commerce and Mariel Special Development Zone authorities and Ministers and businesses. When you register please tell us what industries are of interest to you. Business to business matchmaking will occur. For more information: http://bit.ly/HavanaCubaTradeShow