1. President's New Cuba Policy: At this point in time there doesn't seem to be any major changes in US policy that would affect our endeavors with the people of Cuba. One thing may be the inability to stay in hotels which would limit us to private homes which is the preference for most of us anyway. In essence, we cannot directly do business with the military government of Cuba.
2. OSDBU Council: Today, we had a warm meeting with the OSDBU (Office of Small Disadvantaged Business Utilization) Council. May this be a new beginning of dialogue and networking with the members of this federal organization. Practically all federal agencies and departments have an OSDBU to network and interact with business owners seeking contracting opportunities with the federal government. We are in the process of developing a database concerning this organization.
3. Matchmaker at our Conference: On Friday, July 28, 2017, we will produce a formal Matchmaker amongst our conference participants and representatives of major corporations and federal agencies. Conference registrants will be directed to the matchmaker website uponregistering for our 25th Annual Conference. The web site is https://nvite.com/NBCC/c149
4. USTDA Library: We paid a recent visit to the United States Trade Development Agency. This agency provides grants for feasibility studies concerning exporting our goods and services abroad. Once these studies are completed they can be shared with other US business firms. Such information can become valuable when working on similar projects such as infrastructure, airports, sea ports, utility plants, highways, etc.
5. How was your Father's Day? My son, Harry III, wrote a tribute for my gift. I want to share it with the world.
6. Hotel Rooms are going Fast! We've got a great rate of $188.00 per night for a king room. This fabulous low rate at the Fairfield Inn and Suites includes breakfast and free wifi! But you must make your reservation this week. Click here to make your hotel reservation or call 202-289-5959. See you in DC soon!