1. Time to repeal the Durbin Amendment: Here is my article which has been published by Forbes Magazine (current issue) concerning this major hustle on consumers.
2. President Trump steps up for HBCU's: The leadership of 70+ historically Black colleges and universities were treated to a listening session at the White House hosted by the President himself. He signed an Executive Order in front of them which transfers responsibility of applicable projects from the Department of Education to the White House. This means that President Trump will review funding needs and respond personally.
3. Looking for an IT Hardware Partner: We are presently looking for providers of PC's, laptops, scanners, etc. who will offer their products to our members at a serious discount. Stay tuned for an official announcement within three weeks. It will be marvelous!
4. Providing Diversity in the IT Space: We are launching a new program linking the next generation who have tech enabled entrepreneurial projects with Venture Capitalists. You are invited to join us in this venture. Contact us if there is any interest.
5. Some will Smile; Some will Cry: Big changes are coming to the EPA. The agency will significantly reduce its budget. Likewise, personnel will be reduced and programs will be cut. It is going to be a smaller, less damaging Environmental Protection Agency. That is going to be "sweet music" to most businesses.
6. A New Model for Annual Conferences: Within two weeks we will be announcing the venue and dates for our 2017 Annual Conference. This won't be a conventional format. It will be a combination of reasonable costs concerning room rates, registration fees, exciting venue, and a mind - blowing agenda. Stay tuned!