The National Black Chamber of Commerce is happy to assist you in developing a local Black Chamber.
Please follow the steps below (in order of importance):
- Join the NBCC as an Associate Member
- Fill out the IRS SS-4 application, call it in, and receive your federal tax ID number
- Incorporate as a nonprofit corporation in your applicable state
- Receive membership certificate from the NBCC
- Write and adopt your by-laws (using the NBCC generic guidelines)
- Apply for IRS 501©3 status
- Develop local agenda with compatibility to the National Agenda
- Implement your programs!